Scalping the market is my favourite Australian horse racing strategy. I just use quick trends appearing regularly in Australian markets in order to make a profit. You can see these short term moves every day but you have to jump on the right side of the trade. Obviously this is much easier to say than to do but hopefully my video will help you to understand how the Australian markets behave and how do I react. Feel free to ask me any questions in the comments below.
Australian Horse Racing Strategy Video Description:
- 0:11 – I’m placing a speculative Lay bet just in case there’s a spike. It’s not unusual to see big spikes on Australian markets.
- 0:56 – A small spike up. I immediately try to trade its correction, so I place a Back bet. I often make the market on Australian horse racing markets.
- 1:21 – The market is jumping up and down because there’s not enough liquidity. I try to use this in my favour. Once my Back bet is matched, I try to take the profit.
- 1:50 – But it doesn’t look good for me, so I quit the trade with a small loss.
- 1:58 – In previous races, late money always arrived to the Back side and pushed the price down. I believe this is again the case, so I open a Back position. Sometimes, there are ‘daily patterns’ in the market that repeat through the daily card at various events. If you spot something like this, use it in your favour.
- 2:07 – The market spikes down. My theory with late money was true. Now I just have to slowly exit my quite big Back position.
- 2:20 – Another big Back bet has arrived @2.14. I’m quite confident I’ll be able to exit the trade with a profit.
- 2:22 – Another spike down and the rest is history.