Betfair market making is one of my most profitable strategies on Irish horse racing. Almost any market with low liquidity is well suitable for this technique – because of low liquidity, you have a great opportunity to grab very good prices. You can also be first in the queue which gives you even more advantage. However, as always, you need a practice in order to end up with a long term profit. Many experienced traders know these things and you have to outsmart the market. The more markets you trade, the more experience you get. As a result, you should be able to improve your ROI (return on investment) and strike rate.
Betfair Market Making Video Description:
- 0:22 – I place my Lay bet below the current price and also around the @2.75 level, which often works as a semi-strong support level.
- 0:37 – I’m ready to scratch the trade if the market goes against me.
- 0:56 – But I’m able to take a 4 tick profit once the market moves in my favour.
- 1:03 – I try to repeat the process. Now together with a Back bet above the current price.
- 1:44 – The market moved quickly up to @3.00 where I had expected a natural resistance level and then bounced back down. So I’m placing my exit bet and waiting with my finger on the trigger to quickly scratch if necessary.
- 2:06 – The market has bounced down and matched my exit bet. For the rest of the race, I didn’t see any opportunities. So I did nothing. It’s often better to do nothing than to do something.
I hope this article and video will give you an idea of how you can make the market on Betfair. When trading – always manage your risk. You have to minimize any potential loss and maximize your profit. Don’t let the market do the opposite. Good luck!