> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp
> Why WowApp?

Sign in to follow this  
Tomas

7. Irish Horse Racing

Trading on Irish horse racing is quite different from UK horse racing. In general, there is less money on these races and it means a slightly different strategy has to be used.

7.1. Market Making

Because of the low liquidity, my favourite strategy on Irish racing is just to make the market and wait for my bets being matched. I can use scalping and swing strategy as well, but most of the time, I just make the market on Irish races. I use smaller stakes than on UK horse racing. You can’t enter the market with big stakes because you would manipulate the price with big bets if the market were weak.

And if by accident your big bet is matched, it can be very hard to exit the trade. So, on most of the low liquid races, I use stakes like £50, £100 or £200. If the liquidity is better, I adjust my stakes a little bit higher. But I’m always careful with Irish horse racing. I don’t earn as much here to take inappropriate risks.

Videos:

1. Trading Punchestown £12+ 

2. Market Making Gowran Park £11+ 

3. Trading Gowran Park £11+ 

7.2. Tips

All of the tips mentioned for British horse racing can be applied on Irish horse racing as well. The only difference is in scale. Irish racing is smaller in general, especially in characteristics like liquidity and the number of events. There are some bigger events during the year but I don’t even know their names.

I would just make a note on clashing here. When an Irish horse race is clashing against a British horse race; it’s not a problem most of the time (because Irish races usually don’t attract that much money). It’s much more significant when two British horse races clash with each other – then you literally feel the money is split into two markets.

< PREV | HOME | NEXT >

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!