> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp

Sign in to follow this  
Tommy

Tommy and his early trading

Hey guys,

after nearly 14 days trading greyhound markets more intensively I have decided to begin my trading diary right here on this lovely forum.

I plan to post my every single trading day results so you won't miss any progress.

DAY 1   2.11.2018

Markets traded: 11
Profit: -£5,06
Bank: £29,67

Commentary:  I had profit +£2,25 when In market with another profit around 0,41, remained on ladder, because market was unexpectedly suspended and I lost of course.

Edited by Tommy

> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp

DAY 2 

Markets traded: 33
Profit: -£24,95
Bank: £4,72 

Commentary: Today was just one big yawn. Boring markets like I never seen before. I have huge loss here because my wireless mice had malfunction and as usual lay bets were on race winner,so... I have to send some cash to betfair and then I will continue trading, also this wireless mice is going to greet my trash can 😀

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I have huge loss here because my wireless mice had malfunction

I experienced exactly the same thing in the past. Since that time, I only use the good old wire.

• Like 1

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

Deposit £16 arrived to my betfair account. Current balance is £20,72

DAY 3

Markets traded: 1
Profit: -£2,83
Bank: £17,89

Commentary: I had pretty bad luck last couple days. This was no different when I traded based on TV coverage which I did not notice was showing different race track than I thought at the moment and once again market got suspended.

DAY 4

Markets traded: 11
Profit: +£3,45
Bank: £21,34

Commentary: Today everything was going well. I had plan to achieve +£1 atleast, so this is much better in just a few markets.

• Like 1

DAY 5

Markets traded: 43
Profit: +£2,21
Bank: £23,55

Commentary: Aimed for profit atleast 1 and best if 2 or more. There were bumps on the road with two losses around £1 but hey, I got what I came for.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tommy said:

DAY 5

Markets traded: 43
Profit: +£2,21
Bank: £23,55

Commentary: Aimed for profit atleast 1 and best if 2 or more. There were bumps on the road with two losses around £1 but hey, I got what I came for.

@Tommy, If you want to make this thread more appealing, I suggest you to add some screenshots from time to time. Either from the trading itself, P&L or even equity over time. It's also better for the record.

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

DAY 6

Markets traded: 17
Profit: +£2,19
Bank: £25,74

Commentary:  I just wanted to trade few greyhound markets before dinner. First 10 were all profits then a little bumps came into my way and this one was the last traded market.

DAY 7

Markets traded: 17
Profit: +£0,75
Bank: £26,49

Commentary: It's saturday and markets are dead for me. I cannot find my usual entry points today. I told myself to get atleast 0,5 in profit and then leave this time waste behind me so I did exactly that. Below is video about one of my trades today which was luckily returned to my balance so this loss was like free valuable experience.

DAY 8

Markets traded: 35
Profit: -£1,57
Bank: £25,10  ( +0,18 included from football trade )

Commentary: Last one I missed start of the race, so completely my fault and market got suspended where i lost 4,37..I would be otherwise in profit today with around +2 i think which was my goal for today.

DAY 9

Markets traded: 5
Profit: +£0,52
Bank: £25,62

Commentary: My internet connection/broadband was terrible today with occasional spikes when I did not know what is happening for 4 seconds. So only 30 minutes of trading today. You can see that spike also on video below.

DAY 10

Markets traded: 32
Profit: -£2,38
Bank: £23,24

Commentary: Again and again market is suspended. I am tired of it so not even in a mood for posting a video.

DAY 11

Markets traded: 18
Profit: +£12,32
Bank: £35,56

Commentary: Today was different. I went in heavy and for swings. Well rewarded.

21 hours ago, Tommy said:

Commentary: "Market suspended"

was that before the official start time or did you trade after the 00:00?

Click to read it now!

I did trade after official start time. I have to burn few times like a kid before I finally apply necessary precautions unfortunatelly. It would also not be that big damage if I would not go in so heavily on my stakes (on lay side). This was kind of experimenting those two days so I accept it as it was lesson to be learnt and I just paid for that lesson.

Deposited £17

Balance: £20,37

DAY 13

Markets traded: 9
Profit: +£0,47
Bank: £20,84

Commentary: I launched geekstoy just to check if my deposit arrived into my account and yes it did. Then I told myself why not trade a little, just regular relax by looking at greyhound markets. Second market was very big loss and I could not believe how that move did not reverse because it was crazy big,so I did take loss of -1,83. Markets were surprisingly good so I could deploy my strategies and ended in a profit. I am very happy with what happend in the markets today. Even in only 9 markets I feel like I learnt something valuable once again.

DAY 14

Markets traded: 39
Profit: +£1,32
Bank: £22,16

Commentary: After first few trades I got hit massively by loss -£1,38 and then again in next market -£0,46. That really did hurt my trading session today but I persevered and you see the result.

Example from my today's trading about my usual profit/loss flow. I still use stakes preset to £3 stake. You may notice that I traded 39 markets from which you see 36 on screenshot because I was not matched on 3 of them.

1281691712_p-lbf.jpg.f259f7209b412536ffba95be33ee14f4.jpg

DAY 15

Markets traded: 19
Profit: +£0,10
Bank: £22,26

Commentary: I had great day today and markets tried to ruin it for me so I laught at them even when I was on big minus figures. Result? I had very good dose of experience during this short trading session and still got paid 10p for improving myself heavily 🙌

• Like 1

DAY 16

Markets traded: 23
Profit: +£2,68
Bank: £24,94

Commentary: Big waiting times between markets today + few clashing markets so it took much longer to trade those 23 markets today than 19 markets yesterday. My goal for today was to earn £2 and when I saw in my balance that only 2p is missing to achieve my goal so I had to trade one more race but...that last race produced profit +0,73 so I little skyrocketed my initial profit goal 💪

• Like 1

DAY 17

Markets traded: 31
Profit: +£0,83
Bank: £25,77

Commentary: Very bumpy ride but I managed to stay on top of that. Today I saw and fell for market manipulation several times. Crazy stuff.

• Like 1

DAY 18

Markets traded: 16
Profit: +£2,08
Bank: £27,85

Commentary: Aimed for profit £2 and when I got it I happily closed geekstoy. That one bigger loss what I had today happend because I wanted to hedge my profitable position at +£0,40 but instead I placed two hedging orders and then spike came thru both of them and it created big loss.

593188579_peknde.jpg.fbe9ff600362c7ed4f1a28e95c9aa3a9.jpg

My only observation based on your last video, would be to concentrate on just trading one dog - look at how that price is influenced by the others etc.

Some good progress, Tommy - your winning trades far outweigh your losing ones which is what you are looking for and your losses are well managed.

At this stage, it's about focusing on the process rather than the profits.

Chris

• Like 2

DAY 19

Markets traded: 57
Profit: +£4,83
Bank: £32,68

Commentary: Yesterday I had different things to do so I dedicated my day today to trading a bit longer than I normally would. One market I believe it was Hove race track was suspended before official start time,then I saw on live stream how they are far from loading dogs into traps and voila.. they unsuspended market, it was completely empty and I managed to match my bet at much valuable position because of that emptiness. I am happy with result for today's trading.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

DAY 20

Markets traded: 35
Profit: +£0,38
Bank: £33,06

Commentary: I thank god it is over. It was terrible. This result means that I managed to earn about £6 because such huge and frequent losses what I had today. Terrible day.