> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp

Sign in to follow this  
Tommy

Tommy and his early trading

DAY 32

Markets traded: 1 horse race
Profit: -£39,95
Bank: £1,28

Commentary: Tired to trade horse race in-play ( lay to back ) when all in sudden gap went from odds 15 to 1.15. My bank is crushed and I think I need a serious break from trading until I also fix my personal life difficulties what I currently carry on my back. If in meantime will come here and trade you will see the results as usual.

• Like 1

> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp

On 12/15/2018 at 2:29 PM, Tommy said:

DAY 32

Markets traded: 1 horse race
Profit: -£39,95
Bank: £1,28

Commentary: Tired to trade horse race in-play ( lay to back ) when all in sudden gap went from odds 15 to 1.15. My bank is crushed and I think I need a serious break from trading until I also fix my personal life difficulties what I currently carry on my back. If in meantime will come here and trade you will see the results as usual.

Oh man, stick to your rules, that's the only thing I could say :) don't touch in-play and if you do so, don't risk your full bank...

• Like 2

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

I know 😕 That was great example what even £3 stake can do on lay side with higher odds. I will move on pretty soon. My personal life is almost sorted out so when I completely shake off how i got robbed twice this month by folks on internet 🕵️‍♀️ then I will come back and follow my trading rules strictly. Until then I wish you all folks have huge greens 🤠

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

I know 😕 That was great example what even £3 stake can do on lay side with higher odds. I will move on pretty soon. My personal life is almost sorted out so when I completely shake off how i got robbed twice this month by folks on internet 🕵️‍♀️ then I will come back and follow my trading rules strictly. Until then I wish you all folks have huge greens 🤠

That's why I like to use Liability staking. It does keep an eye on my liability automatically. 

• Like 2

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

On 12/18/2018 at 5:41 PM, Tomas said:

Oh man, stick to your rules, that's the only thing I could say :) don't touch in-play and if you do so, don't risk your full bank...

yes, the most difficult thing in trading is discipline and control emotion , it makes difference from winner and loser

• Like 2

Deposited £19 into my betfair account. Current balance: £20,28

DAY 33

Markets traded: 24
Profit: +£0,68
Bank: £20,96

Commentary: I decided to get in touch with markets today. It was going very well, first few markets ended with profits and then boom one very big loss. I tapped on hedge button when it was at -0,60 but instead some big window popped up what I have no idea what that was,some info/help section probably, so when I finally got rid of that window I took much much bigger loss. What can I do..I moved on and traded much more markets than I intended to trade to get back that unnecessary loss. Should I say something like "markets involved" or "analysed" instead of "markets traded"? Because I am not matched on some usually so it may confuse some of you when I show you my profit and loss from betfair where you see different markets number.

40071127_crazytart.png.463df1a2e366670d3d400397f27a2dff.png

• Like 2

DAY 34

Markets traded: 12
Profit: +£2,16
Bank: £23,12

Commentary: I had very good start so when I saw that I have already £1 profit, I aimed to get another £1 and then walk away with smile on my face.

11.png.f9156bc030a66b1f37fad401b7d87028.png

DAY 35

Markets traded: 10
Profit: -£13,31
Bank: £9,81

Commentary: Market suspended. Now with this low balance I am totally handicapped and "unable" to trade. I also cannot deposit again because I have no money left because of christmas. Now I have to wait for my wage to arrive into my account so I can support my trading hobby. Expected come back is in about 3 weeks from now. See you later guys.

Could you not do a little matched betting to build a bit of a bank and to use for trading practice? ( It doesn't hurt so much when it's money won from bookies) So many offers for join ups and reloads but don't suggest paying any subscriptions out for odds comparison websites, waste of money imo but you could join one for a trial period and follow the sign up guides. 

In the meantime, how about using practise mode? They say Betfair doesn't like people just using practice mode but I have also real bets in nearly every day and nothing said to me.

Just to give you a laugh, I thought I was practising one day when I first got software  and found after 3 races that I was in live. Worst thing was I wasn't even practising, just pressing in bets here and there and seeing what happened with what as I didn't know the software!  Suddenly realised to my horror that I had 2 live lay bets on a 10 odds horse in a market with little liquidity. Then enter other half in study, wanting attention. Try and explain that to someone who knows nothing about it you cannot just leave trading and go do something else with race about to start. Anyhow, traded off the 2 lay bets for same price and it was with some trepidation that I went to Betfair to see  what damage I had inflicted on my account. 3 pages of transactions faced me, I did not remember my exact balance pre my " practice" session but a quick look at that then my end balance revealed my loss. -10p. 

A bullet dodged but I have missed a couple since by clicking my mouse to wake up my screen and fired in bets in high odds horses. Now I remove those horses when I load up a market and have a label on my screen saying : check in practise mode. And sometimes I sit waiting for my bets to match wanting to lay or back for real then wonder why they are not showing up in Betfair! Reverse problem, in wrong mode again!

Hope to see you back asap!

• Like 1

I am unable to do matched betting. I can explain why to you over PM.

Your story made me laugh when I saw that you did not lose much and experienced that shock when looking at "live" status, that was pretty good luck 😊

Maybe I will just come here and do little turnover and then practice on horses for a change what I always planned to do and never kicked my self hard enough to do so. I believe a bit on things happening for some reason and this is forcing me to go into practice mode and left little space for that safe turnover. Yeah, I just convinced myself into that while typing this. I will not post any stats for those virtual bets or those small turnovers in meantime but if you want to know how am I doing then feel free to message me on wowapp where I usually go every day.

Thank you Valencia and all of you guys watching my progress 👍

• Like 1

The markets are changed a bit these days , it's more difficult for me to trade . i spend 5-6 hours per day to trade. Thank You Tomas for your advice . My consistency is back .

betfair.png

• Like 2

Good ✌️ But I dont understant your time of markets on your screen. Last UK markets ending approximately on 22:40 GMT and after that are only austral markets or no?

Edited by Roodge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Roodge said:

Good ✌️ But I dont understant your time of markets on your screen. Last UK markets ending approximately on 22:40 GMT and after that are only austral markets or no?

i trade UK greyhound only , i am from Vietnam  . the time displayed on the screen is GMT +7

It is great to see your success Ricardo Do even during these hard times. I secretly still trade few races every now and then just to keep my head not too far away from markets so I do not forget the grip and I do make little profit by doing that which is undocumented even inside my personal notepad for trading so I do not post anything in here yet. I keep that for time when I really get into trading again with few $€£ in my betfair balance 🙂 I am also playing with horses a bit via training mode. It is not bad but it really does not feel that real and my focus is lower because I know that nothing is going to happen.

Keep going guys because I still am and always will be 🙌

• Like 2

Bank: £10,95

DAY 32

Markets traded: 10
Profit: -£0,96
Bank: £9,99

Commentary: I have been holding back during last few weeks while trading markets. It was working, but very time consuming and not rewarding much. My last deposit is still not added to my betfair account so maybe later today or on monday. Today I went into market in attempt to trade like I used to trade a month ago. Well, you can see how it went. I had same results these last 3 times when I attempted to earn some penny. Strange what is happening and I am sadly getting used to accepting losses without feeling any pain but still I am very disappointed when I see how many of my trades went wrong. Sad days here but I keep going as usual.

pl.png

• Like 1

Yesterday it was trading day number 36

DAY 37

Markets traded: 30 ( few were without matched positions )
Profit: -£0,23
Bank: £18,76

Commentary: My last deposit £9 finally arrived into my betfair account so today was completely different for me because I am able to place lay bets again. For whole time it was like 50:50. Few profits, few losses but I had slightly bigger profits than losses so it was not that bad and I felt more satisfied with my trading than I was during past 3 days. I decided to finish my trading when I finish my 30th market. Then it did hit me massively, oh boy, I have made nice facepalm at the end. Video from my 30th market is posted below.

1.png

2.png

• Like 1

Hi Tommy

Well done on your efforts and don't feel too bad about the last race going wrong - it happens and you still have enough bank to trade with today.

I don't trade greyhounds and maybe Thomas / Tom Peace can correct me here, but that looked a bit like a trending horse race in that the favourite was getting backed and nothing else seemed to be able to stop it -this was in the latter part of the video. In this case, as hard as it can be, it might be worth holding on to a trade a little longer to give it time to breathe.

You are doing very well overall though!

Keep going,

Chris

• Like 2

DAY 38

Markets traded: 3
Profit: +£0,38
Bank: £19,14

Commentary: I had no time for trading today but promised myself to trade atleast few markets. Even when I launched geekstoy I was on phone with my friend who really had to talk with me and called me out for a beer few times during that 20 minute phone call. So I had no choice and traded with him on my ear and made 3 profits. My plan was to trade around 5-10 races today or get my money back what I lost yesterday. Whatever comes first then I leave markets so It happend quickly and I am happy with this result.

DAY 39

Markets traded: 2
Profit: -£0,64
Bank: £18,50

Commentary: Something did not feel right so I had to close my laptop immediately after I gained my first and big loss today. I know that this day would be a big losing day if I did not close my laptop.

18 hours ago, Tommy said:

Commentary: Something did not feel right so I had to close my laptop immediately after I gained my first and big loss today. I know that this day would be a big losing day if I did not close my laptop.

That's a really good observation of the situation! I often listen to my inner feelings like that. During many years of trading, I have learned that the inner voice is very wise and when it tells me  "don't do that", it's better to not do it :) 

• Like 1

Click to read it now!

DAY 40

Markets traded: 18
Profit: +£0,03
Bank: £18,53

Commentary: I am glad that it ended with plus figure so I cut that line straight away when I achieved plus figure. All this took me exactly 1 hour and 7 minutes.  A lot of fast thinking and many decisions made in such a short time period.

Edited by Tommy
  • Like 1

DAY 41

On 26.1.2018 (saturday) I traded one football match with profit +£0,78.

Markets traded: 20
Profit: +£0,57
Bank: £18,53

Commentary: I gave up on waiting for result from race track Henlow where it was snowy and they have no clue how to deal with few snowflakes, so my last race start was delayed by over 25 minutes when I gave up on waiting. Otherwise stats should match reality +/- £0,0 2. It was good day for me. I do not have much time lately so I am happy that I was trading today.

• Like 1

I can see i mistyped on my bank last time. Correct number was: £19,88

DAY 42

Markets traded: 2
Profit: -£1,34
Bank: £18,54

Commentary: First race was good even after I lost 50% of initial profit what I had from first trade on that race it was good. Second race I saw some pushing upwards and then I tried to check if there will be trend reversal. What really looked like good signal turned into disaster and I lost so much so quickly and I had to quit my trading session immediately. I am not trading much and this did not add much motivation for next time.

DAY 43

Markets traded: 15
Profit: +£0,87
Bank: £19,41

Commentary: I am mostly papertrading, reviewing my videos and also little stuff in training mode these days because I am testing different indicators how they influence each other. It was going well today, then I got nasty two losses which was all reversed at Sheffield when they had market suspended about 2 minutes before off so I managed to get nice gap and ended with profit.