Sign in to follow this  
Tommy

Tommy and his early trading

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Commentary: I messed up on greyhounds and even more on horses today. Greyhounds that was just crazy mad market what took my money and then I decided to get it back like some old gambler and tried in-play horse race markets where my £10 stake gave me good lesson. Horse from very last position went straight to the first place, straight line and the end of the race. This is the very reason why I am mostly on greyhounds because there is no temptation to go in-play and making bad revenge decisions. You guys should learn from my mistake.

@Tommy, if you really want to go in-play, use just 2-5% of your bank as a maximum liability. If you take the same amount which you are using on pre-race markets, you are risking too much because of the volatility. 2-5% of your bank can't kill your bank like this. Your primary mission as a trader is to protect your bank :) 

• Like 2

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

Thank you guys I appreciate your input. Yes, motivation for revenge was main mistake and that was boosted a lot with using £10 stake instead of my usual £3. Totally crazy move from my side. Not mentioning that I was happy with my result on that last race already but told myself what if and that turned into destruction.

Right now I am thinking about trading on purely back side with that little balance what I currently have and then deposit some cash to make it £20 balance again to start fresh.

It all felt very bad yesterday but it feels like I am getting stronger today.

Thank you for your support my colleagues 🙂

• Like 2

DAY 62

Markets traded: 13
Profit: +£0,26
Bank: £4,20

Commentary: Fun stuff today trading with less than £4 in my balance. I did preset my stake today for £1,5 and then increased a bit to £2 at the end. Another fun fact is that my wired mouse did not work so I had to use touchpad on my laptop for whole time.

Example how even in today's conditions it is possible to light my screen with 3x green color 🤠

nhrnr.png

• Like 2

DAY 63

Markets traded: 12
Profit: -£0,83
Bank: £3,37

Commentary: I have been fooled out of market. Classic 1st of April was mirrored into markets where spikes wiped my balance. I am glad I did not trade today with serious stakes. That would be total disaster. I am writing 1st of April down for next time to take day off. My initial plan was to trade longer today, but no thank you.

This was insanely quick move from odds around 4,6 to 6,2 seconds before market was suspended. My eyes popped out even when I had relatively good positioned make market positions

hapens.png

• Like 2

DAY 64

Deposited some cash to make it £20 in my balance

Markets traded: 17
Profit: +£20,05 ( 0,09 is from trading and rest is from suspended market after fee )
Bank: £40,05

Commentary: I observe myself and see that I am holding myself back. Almost 50% of races where I am involved I am not matched because I have my positions too far from action. I have to gain confidence again because right now I am scared to take action in markets. Maybe spending more in markets would help but I had to stop today when I found myself looking at these "traffic lights" flickering and having no clue what is happening, just watching these lights like a cat. Oh yes, for those who does not read chat on our wowapp group I got caught in suspended market on Monmore race track today when strange massive lay bet came in 5 seconds before off and they even suspended few seconds earlier that market so I left money on table and fortunately won that bet (strong favorite to win).

Edited by Tommy
  • Like 2

my geeks toy set up, i trade 1st and 2nd favs most of the time ( i leanrt it from Tomas, he trades 1st & 2nd favs , too) , Thank You so much Tomas, your videos help me a lot :)

geekstoysetup.jpg

Edited by Ricardo Do
  • Like 2

my internet is bad today, i layed the 1st fav at 4.0 then cannot trade out because my internet was disconnected , luckily the dog did not won and i have $17  profit :) ... everytime i got caught inplay , i stop trading and call it a day :)

luckily.jpg

myaccount.jpg

Thank you for your posts Ricardo Do. It is good to see someone having nice profits from greyhounds on daily basis.

DAY 65

Markets traded: 10
Profit: +£0,14 ( 0,09 is from trading and rest is from suspended market after fee )
Bank: £40,19

Commentary: From these 10 markets I kept myself far from action again and only on 2 I had actual trades going on. Scared really to do anything where action and spikes were occurring. I do not know what do to except just relearning whole trading from scratch and watching markets without placing actual trade on my own. My performance is going downhill.

• Like 1

Amazing job Ricardo Do, let us know your final profit and loss for today. It should look very good. It is awesome to see your screenshots, very motivating/inspiring 👍

From my last post ignore this part "( 0,09 is from trading and rest is from suspended market after fee )" I just forgot to remove it from copy paste test.

DAY 66

Markets traded: 20
Profit: +£0,78
Bank: £40,97

Commentary: Today I saw more spikes than ever before and sharp moves without drawbacks/correction. Crazy day but I am happy I saw and felt it. Great stuff to learn from.

Here is example of one of those climbers from odds 4 to 11,5 in few seconds

steep.png

• Like 1

Hello Tommy, yesterday i made $92 profit , $30 from horse inplay (Aintree races)  and $62 from greyhound, i make $30-$40 per day on average... yesterday greyhound market  Crayford and Sheffield was very good liquidity   , i caught some big swings on them . Normally the way i trade is scalping with 1-2 ticks  last 90 seconds before the off, thank you for your nice words.  

• Thanks 1

DAY 67

Markets traded: 17
Profit: +£1,85
Bank: £42,82

Commentary: From 17 races I had loss on 3 of them. I am pleased with today's result. Some of the nice profit was made on odds between 25 and 19 (on two markets). Rest of the profit was made based on my own old reading techniques which I tend to forget to follow after a while, so It was like meeting old friend and trading with him on my side.

• Like 2

DAY 68

Markets traded: 32
Profit: -£2,28
Bank: £40,54

Commentary: Good day was ending with almost 0 profit when I decided to listen to my loved one and created miracle trade. Yes, truly miracle, you will see how it went from odds 7.0 to...when I entered on back side 🤣 strangely I was ok with that result when I took -£19,76 before that race started. A bit later I did not listen to my loved one and pretended to be a in-play wizard so I got it almost all back when I had to stop because there were no more UK and Irish horse races going on. I had loss on one horse race, about £2,50 which hurt me much more than what I had after that miracle trade went wrong.

Here is that miracle trade when race was about to start. I repeat I entered at 7.00 🤣

ksks.png

• Confused 2

57 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Here is that miracle trade when race was about to start. I repeat I entered at 7.00 🤣

So, you backed at 7.0 and layed at 20.0?

I guess that is the danger of low liquid markets; highly volatile.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, David said:

I guess that is the danger of low liquid markets; highly volatile.

Much bigger danger is to let the loss go so high. I bet there was many possibilities to exit earlier... :) 

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

Yes, there were opportunities to leave, quite many but I left that trade open because my loved one on my side wanted miracle trade and believed that it would turn back at some point. I left it open just to let her see and also I was a bit curious if she may influence market with her positive thoughts 😇

• Haha 1

DAY 69

Markets traded: 18 greyhounds +1 football match
Profit: +£4,77
Bank: £51,74

Commentary: I wanted to trade yesterday but could not make is so I am here today with some positive results.

As promised here is screenshot where I am matched at 10.0 for just 0,40p on clear winner on US horse race in-play and look at that profit

586745782_backedclearfavoritat10.thumb.png.e800c4fd8f95df28d646ba7fb472f443.png

This one is a football match from tonight which I selected after few minutes checking stats and it was worth it. I used £4 stake in here to get that profit.

futbal.thumb.png.223fad889b11af65e5d3b839f336012c.png

• Like 2

DAY 70

Markets traded: 5 football matches
Profit: +£2,94
Bank: £54,68

Commentary: Football day for me for a change without any other sport mixing in. It could be better if I would take profit over £3,50 where I took later just £0,50 but except that it was a good day.

futbal1.png

Edited by Tommy
  • Like 1

DAY 71

Markets traded: 16 ( one without being matched )
Profit: -£2,93
Bank: £51,75

Commentary: I really enjoyed trading today. Nothing special, even I would say less than average performance but I enjoyed my time in markets. This is what I aim for truly, to be able to enjoy myself while making money. I had loss today because as you can see on profit and loss screenshot I had loss 3GBP which is my whole stake and that is because of market got suspended a bit earlier and that was not my fault so no harm to my trading style. I am happy with my result 😊 Actually I am in profit If I look at my last trading day profit and loss from today then I am in 1p profit ☺️

rrbe.png

DAY 72

Part 1 - Late night trading football

Markets traded: 3
Profit: +£5,40
Bank: £58,17

soker.png.dde965501706ed600737ee78829cb36e.png

Part 2 - Horse racing during the day

Markets traded: 5
Profit: +£1,61
Bank: £59,78

kone.png.3d3bcb8b545d5129e4c6b25750748bf6.png

Commentary: That football night trading session was about checking statistics and checking if there is anything with higher probability to happen because I had not live stream on for these late football matches I had to depend just on statistics and live data written on betfair from actual match. During day I tried to look at horses mostly because Dan posted his plan for today I was curious if he is right about it, unfortunately I saw that first two were not going according to his plan at all so I kept going my own way and made some profit. I had to stop trading very early because I had lags from internet connection which took few seconds up to 20 seconds lag which is completely unacceptable for trading purposes.

• Like 1