> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp

Sign in to follow this  
Ronald

1000 pre-inplay horse racing markets

Hi everybody

I'll try to publish my results of trading 1000 horse race markets. I may trade some other too but only hr will count up to 1000. The reason of doing that is of course Discipline. I want to discipline my self not going inplay. There are a lot of jump racing right now. The temptation of going inplay especially when the fav is odds on is very high. I just hope that my commitment of publishing results here will set me free from this habit. I will try my best. There will be RARE situations when I go inplay. These exceptions are going to happen ONLY when the market will meet certain conditions which are SET in my rules. I predict around 30markets of potential candidates. That is expected maximum. In reality may be less than that or more. Starting bank is  ~ £500. By the end of Feb I think I will end my challenge. They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Well I have more days than that. Tomorrow (11.01.2019) is the starting point. Let's hope I've got enough will power to get this up to the end as there are already shades of thoughts in my mind that it's gonna be hard. The instant gratification of inplay markets generated lots of dopamine in the past. BUT I will do my best. thanks for reading.

Ronald

• Like 2

> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp

2 hours ago, Ronald said:

Hi everybody

I'll try to publish my results of trading 1000 horse race markets.

Hi @Ronald,

welcome to the community! I wish you all the best and I'm sure you will many supportive members on this website! Although it's perfectly fine to start your challenge in the forums, in terms of categorization and content structure, it may be a better idea to start your own blog where you can create a new blog post for every trading day. And then, the community can comment on each day separately instead of having all of your content + community comments in just one thread. You can create your blog here. But of course, the choice is yours :) 

Good luck!

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

I had trouble with closing my trades on horse races when they went wrong way. Because I saw this issue I successfully fixed it by trading greyhounds. There is no way you can stay in-play in greyhounds so that worked pretty well and I did learn what I needed quickly.

I don't know what software you use but if it's Bet Angel, I can reccomend that you use a piece of automation that hedges any profits or losses before you go in play - unless it meets your criteria.
The trick is, to just focus on one race at a time and execute that to the best of your ability.

Best of luck with it,.

Chris

Markets left : 982

Traded: 18 (15/3) / £25.95

Found it today tough. Markets jumping all over the place. The easiest trade was the last (15:50)  NHF at Sedge. Now the big question. Did I go inplay? Yes, two times. And one of it was an unsuccessful attempt to lay the field at 15:00 Hunt 2m4f Novice. It's was looking juicy as the commentator was shouting .. the gambler in me just woke up... The second time just got caught inplay by the excitement of that "last" trade at of the Lingfield meetings.  Onward and upward from here. Anyway the most profitable meeting was Sedgefield. Not going to trade evening meetings.   

• Like 2

Markets left : 946

Today: 36 (18/18) / £22.07 

Very poor performance from me for a Saturday. p&l doesn't matter at the moment but it still has its influence on my attitude and discipline. I have to say it is very hard. I had a feeling that I am missing lots of activity and with that lots of opportunities. That thought alone was hanging in my mind not allowing me to concentrate properly. The p&l is hard to ignore. At one moment I thought that I will be negative today. Lingfield repeated yesterday's pattern of activity. 

• Like 1

Markets left : 928

Today: 18 (12/3/3) / £30.62 

First few markets were very poor and very volatile. Not for my liking. Blue 3 stand for zero markets. A 1.01 loser today as well. As I said earlier once in a while there will be opportunities for inplay trading. These inplay transactions have their own p&l records and are separate from pre race p&l. Two of them today. One that met 'lay the field' criteria came from: 14:55 maiden at Fontwell, favorite Umndeni fell at the start. (SP1.54 (~60% volume of the race). Pretty high probability of success and it worked. So a eventful day in the end. Did broke the rules again 2 times :$

font14_55_.PNG

Edited by Ronald
uploaded screenshot

Markets left : 907

Today: 21 (18/3) / over £100

Very good day. Lots of activity, lots of short favorites. Felt like Saturday, only with bigger gaps between markets. Broke the rules once only. The highest traded volume (all back + all lay stakes) since first post. Would have been much more pleased if I was clean on discipline field.

• Like 1

Markets left : 889

Today: 18 (12/6) / £68.34

All over the place today but somehow good profit. Concentration level wasn't as it should be. At first I thought I would have a day off but picked a few good moves and got involved in the end. Btw there was a 1.01 loser again today. Did broke the rules again. I came up with an idea to help myself. First I will record a few wav files with my own voice as remainders. Then use windows Task Scheduler to lunch a wav file with VLC every 10minutes. Vlc has an argument that allows it to close itself after playing the file. Let's hope this will boost my discipline. In case somebody wants to do something similar the arument is: "-I null --play-and-exit". Tested it today and works ok.