> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp

Sign in to follow this  
Vee

Hi

Hi there .my name is Vee. I’m new to  the scalping about 2 weeks. I really enjoy it.Although I rearly  loose a race I’m not very profitable, around £1per race @£5 stakes. I reckon the biggest problem for me will be scaling up the stakes , it seems like quite big psychological barrier, but will  see.

I’m a Mac user therefore I’m using BetTrader, i do like is as doesn’t have a lot of gimmicks that will destract me. I know that geekstoy I great software but from the other side people slightly exaggerate importance of software over the psychology/ strategy. What the other Mac user use ? 

Good luck

• Like 1

> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp

6 hours ago, Vee said:

I’m a Mac user therefore I’m using BetTrader, i do like is as doesn’t have a lot of gimmicks that will destract me. I know that geekstoy I great software but from the other side people slightly exaggerate importance of software over the psychology/ strategy. What the other Mac user use ? 

Welcome to the community @Vee! I'm not a Mac user, I do use Windows and Linux but so far every time I tried to run Geeks Toy on Linux, it did't work for me. I'm not an advanced user of Linux so I may be doing something wrong, do you have any experience with Linux?

• Like 1

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

6 hours ago, Vee said:

Hi there .my name is Vee. I’m new to  the scalping about 2 weeks. I really enjoy it.Although I rearly  loose a race I’m not very profitable, around £1per race @£5 stakes. I reckon the biggest problem for me will be scaling up the stakes , it seems like quite big psychological barrier, but will  see.

Good luck

Hi Vee. Welcome to the forum.

£1 profit per £5 is a very good percentage. Imagine using stakes of £250; you would be making £50 a day, which is good.

The best advice is to scale up slowly. Why not try increasing to £10 soon, and see how that feels?

Can't tell you about Mac, as I use Windows. I started with BetTrader and did like it. Now use GeeksToy myself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomas said:

Welcome to the community @Vee! I'm not a Mac user, I do use Windows and Linux but so far every time I tried to run Geeks Toy on Linux, it did't work for me. I'm not an advanced user of Linux so I may be doing something wrong, do you have any experience with Linux?

Unfortunately I'm not very good with Linux.BTW I just want to say that this is great website and is free !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David said:

Hi Vee. Welcome to the forum.

£1 profit per £5 is a very good percentage. Imagine using stakes of £250; you would be making £50 a day, which is good.

The best advice is to scale up slowly. Why not try increasing to £10 soon, and see how that feels?

Can't tell you about Mac, as I use Windows. I started with BetTrader and did like it. Now use GeeksToy myself.

Im bit confused with stakes. How you figured out 50 profit @ 250 sakes? Is there a somekind of ratio? 

What kind of stakes you guys using on average?

15 hours ago, Vee said:

Depends on liquidity. On big events, I can use thousands, on small events, I can use anywhere between 50-500 or up to about 1K. It's important to use an amount which doesn't affect the market, as well as not using too much because it can be hard to exit if the market goes against you. Money management is crucial. Simply don't use more than you can afford to lose and protect your bank as much as you can.

• Like 1

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

On 3/30/2019 at 8:14 PM, Vee said:

Im bit confused with stakes. How you figured out 50 profit @ 250 sakes? Is there a somekind of ratio? 

Well, if you can make £1 with £5 stakes, then scaling up you would make £50 from £250 stakes.
The proportion is the same i.e. 1/5 Whatever stake/liability you use gets multiplied by the odds.

The average profit after commission seems to average about 1% per tick.

For me personally, I am using £5 stakes because I am still trying to learn the markets.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, David said:

Well, if you can make £1 with £5 stakes, then scaling up you would make £50 from £250 stakes.
The proportion is the same i.e. 1/5 Whatever stake/liability you use gets multiplied by the odds.

The average profit after commission seems to average about 1% per tick.

For me personally, I am using £5 stakes because I am still trying to learn the markets.

Theoretically yes, but practically the bigger the stake you are using, the lower % ROI you should be expecting. There is not an unlimited liquidity.

Click to read it now!

On 4/5/2019 at 5:42 PM, Tomas said:

There is not an unlimited liquidity.

That is why I mentioned £250 stakes, as it is an amount that most UK markets will allow.

• Like 1