> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp
> Why WowApp?

Sign in to follow this  
shugmac777

Hello I'm shug

Hi there I'm a semi newbie to all this I say semi as I have been trying to trade for a few months now and realise any money I have made has been just luck. During my time betting and trading I have burst more banks than a river during the stormy season a bit like 3 steps forward 10 steps back. So had a look at the course before introducing myself.I'm still trying to digest what I'm reading and seeing on the course.I'm hoping that the course and a bit of advice from the community that I can have more winning days than losing ones anyway thanks for allowing me to become a member.

• Like 2

> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp
> Why WowApp?

Welcome. I'm no expert but I've been at this for a few months and I'm able to achieve small but steady profits that add up over time. If you post up any questions or observations that I feel I can comment on in a useful way then I'll do so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

welcome to the community @shugmac777

• Thanks 1

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

Hi zitlor My biggest problem is judging which way the market is going to go next I have been playing a watching game for about 3 months before dipping my toes in but 9 times out of ten as soon as my bet goes in the market seems to head the other way fast and that was my reason for trying a bit of scalping yesterday only looking for 1 tick but after getting caught out so many time I tried this using 1 tick offset the way I was hoping it would head and 2 ticks the opposite way just in case after 13 or 14 races the end result was a loss of £1.20 which has been one of my better days. Some I won Some I lost. Of course in the end the losses out weighed the wins but a small 9p average over all races really not too bad but not great either any tips gratefully accepted.

Hi @shugmac777. I'm not sure which markets you're trading but I found zeroing in on low liquidity markets like greyhounds, US & Australia horse racing etc., easier when I started last summer. I'm still largely focusing on them now but hope to gradually transition to UK horse racing from March onwards as that's where the money is. Due to seasonality this is the hardest time of year for UK horse racing. As far as I'm aware even the pros experience much smaller profits around now so it's not a great period time for a beginner to learn in. 

I found US horse racing particularly helpful in getting me to break even. I was then able to move on to greyhounds. You must be very patient as US horse racing moves very slowly but it helped me understand how the market might move without feeling so panicky due to so many fast moves up and down. There can be big spikes down in that market in summer but they don't seem to be happening at all right now so it's even 'safer' for a newbie. 

Whatever market you choose to focus on remember the reality of a performance industry like trading is the large majority of people will lose money in the long term so it takes a huge commitment to getting in screen time before anyone might reasonably expect to make real money at this. Unless of course you're a genius with pattern recognition 😀. I've given myself 2 years to learn. 

• Like 1