> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp
> Why WowApp?

Sign in to follow this  
shugmac777

Day 1 Scalping

Had a wee try at scalping today it's a whole lot harder than it looks.I was going to use training mode but I don't really see the point as the object of the exercise is to teach myself to get out quickly and just take a small loss.Training mode lets you do things that I doubt you would do when doing it for real. So after 13 or 14 races it was a case of win some lose some overall a loss on the day of £1.20. Some went well others not so much but it was an experience I realised that because you are in and out quickly losses are small and some positions can be recovered so the loss on the day is bearable as I have lost more taking my hanky out of my pocket. Taken over all races that I tried the average loss on the day was something close to 9 pence per race so for me another part of the learning curve.I'm sure If I carried on until the end of racing tonight I may have ended with a small profit but my dogs need walked and I need fed.I hope everyone has had a great day.

• Like 3

> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp
> Why WowApp?

Sorry I'm late no trading for me today as I needed a new internet router and It arrived today so just back on the net a few moments ago.There will be nothing tomorrow as I take Sunday off back on Monday when If I may I will put up some selections that I hope to scalp before play without hedging with the hope to hedge out for a greater profit in play.Hope all are having a good weekend.

Edited by shugmac777
missed word
  • Like 1

Got in late for the 3.40 just managed a £2 BSP on and took what I could it went of at 4.4 and went to 2.54 in the pic but sure it went lower,so I could have got a bit more.

tzar.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

tzar.jpg1.jpg

12:25 | Fake Blue Monday went off fav didn't win but went from 3.82 down to 1.67 so could have had a quid or held on for the full dob.

12:40 | Sthl First Excel joint 2nd fav dropped from 5.1 down to 1.62 so same as above half dob or wait for the full dob.

12:55 | Fake Stonebrigg Legend was fav but poor run went off at 5.15 but only got as low as 2.94 

13:15 | Sthl Holy Eleanor this needs to be the fav. so was not fav therefore was not a selection in the end however it dropped from 3.42 down to 2 so a half dob.

13:35 | Weth Starplex disappointing went off fav only dropped to 4.6 from 4.9.

14:15 | Ling Deeds Not Words 1 tick movement very poor 

14:25 | Donc Midnights Gift roughly 22 tick movement 

14:35 | Hunt Dorking Boy 1 tick movement very poor again

15:05 | Hunt Maire Banrigh about 28 ticks half a quids worth

15:15 | Ling Crimewave backwards with this one.

15:45 | Ling Ice Pyramid 19p worth of movement 

So not a great day all said and done.