> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp
> Why WowApp?

Sign in to follow this  
smallplayer

pre race results

> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp
> Why WowApp?

Excellent result!

There are a few questions, if not difficult.

What is the size of the bet? What are the principles of trading?

hi shreik. i'm still using relatively small stakes, pre race, eg £50 at odds 2 - 3 and maybe 20 at odds 4 - 5 and say 10 at odds over 6. i'm upping stakes slowly over time. 

i try to swing trade and go for medium moves or better, say about minimum 4 ticks up to about 10 ticks. sometimes if i'm lucky i'll catch a big move, 20 ticks or more, but none in last 2 days in p & l's posted here

Edited by smallplayer
  • Like 1

using a combination of all i have learnt in these past 9 months. impossible to write down a few specific things..

have you read tomas' book? it helps, along with all the other free info available online

peter webb, betangel owner has imo, produced the most comprehensive and helpful material online..watch all his videos about 10 times and study in detail, then you will be able to determine which way the odds are likely to move

Edited by smallplayer
  • Like 2

Yes, I have carefully studied Thomas' materials and use them - very useful. I also monitor the market myself and practice a lot.

I'll see Peter for sure!

experts say after trading 10,000 races, you should have a good idea whats going on. wholeheartedly believe this to be true. i have traded about 7,500 races now myself in 9 months

@smallplayer, everything big starts small. If you're able to not lose money, that's a first step. You will gradually develop your style and recognise more patterns. Give it at least 10,000 races...

• Like 1

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

15 hours ago, Tomas said:

@smallplayer, everything big starts small. If you're able to not lose money, that's a first step. You will gradually develop your style and recognise more patterns. Give it at least 10,000 races...

thanks Tomas..ive been patient up to now so may as well continue..im glad i generally break even now or make a few quid per week. i have increased my stake size recently also.

it feels that to be a successful trader, you must grow into it day after day, almost as a child grows up, learning a little every day until he/she can function as an adult in the big world..and it almost takes as long!! 😀

• Like 1

Congrats on an excellent week @smallplayer especially considering it's the hardest time of year to trade the horses. Even on the couple of weaker days you had you broke even which is a very good sign. I think you can expect to be making quiet a bit more per week this summer as you'll have months more worth of experience and the market will be at it's most amenable then. 

• Like 2

i've heard it mentioned a few times that this time of year is worst for horse trading so good to hear you confirm this ziltor. ive never been trading during the summer before so dont know what to expect to be honest. also, my stakes are still very low to be honest. id say my average stake is only £25. obviously hoping to increase this massively over time as pre off markets can take it. just being patient. anyway, thanks for the positive feedback ziltor

• Like 2

i dont trade sundays and didnt have time today either..i'll do another full week of results later on, maybe in a month or two to see if im improving or not..probably a bit boring to post every days results ongoing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smallplayer said:

i dont trade sundays and didnt have time today either..i'll do another full week of results later on, maybe in a month or two to see if im improving or not..probably a bit boring to post every days results ongoing

maybe a summary every week or month would be better for tracking your long term progress, and also it would be more "well-arranged", it's a difference to have a thread with 365 posts or 12-52 posts.

• Like 1

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!