> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp
> Why WowApp?

Sign in to follow this  
shreik

In-play trading

Question

Hello!

Very interested in inlay trading. The valency is great there, there are many opportunities for good deals.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube, but everything is very messy basically.

Does anyone have specific experience with this?

2 answers to this question

> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp
> Why WowApp?

Hi Shriek,

I've done some in running trading in the past and happy to share what I've learnt from other in running traders:

Firstly, it's important to have a good understanding of the horses that are in the race i.e. do they like to lead, do they prefer to be held up, do they travel well, do they jump fluently etc - this can be learnt from watching replays and also reading the comments on the Racing Post website.

Once you have an idea of how horses perform, you can structure a trade around that. For example, if a horse likes to lead and there are no other horses in the race that like to lead, its likely (though not guaranteed) that the horse will lead. Or, if you've identified a horse that doesn't jump well, you might want to lay it after the first couple of jumps if it doesn't seem to be jumping well again.

I should stress that the above are very simple examples and you must do thorough research before getting involved. I would also say do not use any more than 5% of your bank on one trade and, ideally, this should be between 1% and 2%

If you go onto YouTube and google "Star Sports Matt Mantle Interview" you can see an interview with Matt who trades in running from home - lot of useful information in the 3 part interview.

When trading inplay, you need to keep in mind that you are playing against very clever people; some of those will be using faster pictures either at the course itself or via Teamviewer.  And then there are also the automated traders playing as well.

You can trade using the Betfair Live Video which I believe is about 1 second behind live now but always be careful as it someimes is delayed.

The final bit of advice is not to get involved too late in the race i.e. the last 2 fences or last couple of furlongs in a flat race, as the market can move very quickly. If you get it wrong, it can cost you a lot of money.

Best of luck.

Chris75

• Like 2