Sign in to follow this  
matiars

I read too much for my own good

Been flirting with sports trading since about 2 weeks now.

As you might imagine, like any newbie that starts looking into the subject, I went through a lot of Peters Bet Angel and Caans videos and even bought Caans pre-race guide which contains more practical advice than youtube videos and forums where people talk more on a general level.

Looking forward to look into Tomas sports trading PDF and through the videos made by him.

I hope I am not late to this party, I kinda notice that the subject is kinda niche and seems to have very few active people (only in BA forum there are a few active people but still very few for my liking).

I have a few questions and I am kinda at a cross-point right now and can't decide if I actively want to pursue this life, I would need to put in a lot of hours of work and I am not sure if it will be worth it over the long term:

1. Why did Tomas publish his teachings for free? The manual and the forum + videos are pretty well made and look like they took a considerable amount of time to create.

2. Do people on here genuinely believe that there is still room on sports exchanges to profit and make a living? I'm currently working in IT and can rack in 40k net sum per year, figured I could outperform this number through trading .. but reading more into the forums about premium charges and finding less and less successful people that have done it, I ask myself the question if this is even worth to begin with.

3. Tomas, did you ever consider teaching people at a cost?

cheers

> Join our real-time trading chat on WowApp
> Why WowApp?

16 hours ago, matiars said:

1. Why did Tomas publish his teachings for free?

Explained here and here.

3. Tomas, did you ever consider teaching people at a cost?

Yes, but I enjoy giving rather than selling. No headaches with customer support, taxes or people stealing your information. And the inner feeling is also quite different, when you help people for free :) 

2. Do people on here genuinely believe that there is still room on sports exchanges to profit and make a living?

There's still some money to be made, up to you, man!

“Sports Trading Exposed” is now FREE & OPEN SOURCE! The most comprehensive, in-depth online sports trading guide ever written.

“After more than 10 years of full-time sports trading that put me in the top 1/2 per cent of the most successful career earners on Betfair, I’m exposing EVERYTHING I’ve learned!  I’ll provide you with all the tools you need to substantially decrease your risk and exponentially maximize your earning potential!”

Click to read it now!

3 hours ago, Tomas said:

Explained here and here.

Yes, but I enjoy giving rather than selling. No headaches with customer support, taxes or people stealing your information. And the inner feeling is also quite different, when you help people for free :) 

There's still some money to be made, up to you, man!

thanks Tomas, that was really the nudge I needed to keep going in this venture. Seen the picture, amazing how good you are at this :)

Getting started with your guide, gonna be a good one.

• Like 1

matias it all depends on you and your needs. If you want just extra few bucks from occasional trading then it is good to have that in your arsenal and if you are able to put enough screen hours and are willing to learn how to think like a trader then you can earn definively good money. That is why even after decades there is still room in forex markets because they all move and it cannot be all covered by human, we all do mistakes sometimes and other folks make money from them and human does not live forever, so if one big shark leave these markets then you can become one :D you can become one even without old one leaving, so you just compete with him 😄

Hi Matiars,

You can make £100k- £200k+ P.A. trading very easily, although it's very hard to earn or even lose also..... Profitable trader know exactly what i mean, basically, if you are totally disciplined it very easy, however if you have a tendency to gamble or get frightened by risk, you will very easily lose your £40k living and a lot more...... FYI, people like CB & PW, skirt around the edges, they will give you some very handy tips but with no explanation how they get their edge, once you find your own edge, you will have learnt the info you paid for for free anyway..... My advice is to save your money, screen time is where you really learn, granted that can be expensive too, so start with very small stakes until you are constantly profiting month on month!

All the best,

Jay. 

• Like 1