My Geeks Toy setup is quite simple but it is a result of my 10+ years on Betfair as a full time trader. I realized I don’t need many so called advanced features but it doesn’t mean I use the default setup. Attention is a scarce commodity, so I want to spend it only on stuff that’s important to me. I try to keep it as simple as possible these days.
You can watch my Geeks Toy settings here.
Geeks Toy Setup Video Description:
Main Info Bar is the master window – the control panel that contains all of the other windows. This window is a must to learn. If you bring up the menu by right clicking on the top bar, you’ll see all of my settings. I recommend for you to customize Geeks Toy according to your specific needs and display size. You can take inspiration from me but it’s not necessary.
Open the menu for each window by right clicking on the top bar
I’ll describe all items step by step. The features I use are highlighted in bold. The features I don’t use are highlighted in italics. The underlined (1:15) items point to the exact time in the YouTube video (so you can easily find where these settings are located in Geeks Toy) or to a relevant part of my book (just click on these underlined items):
- Close Market – self-explanatory.
- Show Grid – For bringing up the Grid interface. I only use the Ladder interface.
- Show / Hide (0:14) – For displaying all other windows/widgets in Geeks Toy. I only use some of them as mentioned above.
- Add to My Markets – After you’ve opened a market, you can add it to your personal list. For example – you want to trade only markets where there are 10+ horses in the race. So you go through the daily card and gradually add these markets to your list.
- My Markets – A list of the markets you’ve added before.
- Recent Markets – A list of the last markets you’ve recently opened in Geeks Toy.
- Next Races (horses) – Self-explanatory. I use this more often than Market Navigator for navigating to the next race.
- Next Races (greyhounds) – Same as above if trading greyhound markets.
This is just a short snippet from my book describing all of my Geeks Toy settings. I describe in a deep detail every aspect of my Geeks Toy setup as it is sometimes very crucial to have a certain settings for me. Definitely I wouldn’t be able to earn that much without many features in this powerful software.