To become profitable by trading american horse racing, you have to understand a few important characteristics of american markets. They usually don’t go in-play so you have to be sure to close your trading positions before the start of the race. And the start of the race may be different from what you see in your trading software – so you always have to watch the video from the track to know when to finish your trading.
Trading American Horse Racing Video Description:
- 0:09 – I’ve submitted my market making bets in the hope of some big spike matching them.
- 0:14 – Again placing some market making bets high above the current market price.
- 2:09 – The market seems to have a strong support level @2.50. It’s a current bottom of the market and £3,700 was matched at this price. So I submit my Lay bet because I think it will not break this support level. There is also support in form of big Lay bet @2.42, which should stop a further move down.
- 2:51 – My Lay bet @2.50 is matched, so I can now focus on exiting the trade. I’ve also placed another Lay bet @2.50 because I’m very confident in the support level here.
- 2:58 – Once the market moves in my favour, I gradually exit the trade with smaller bets.
- 3:05 – And I cancel some of my Back bets because I don’t want them to be matched if the market moves up.
- 4:15 – The market again touches the support level @2.50 but it quickly spikes up. I was lucky to get a part of my Lay bet matched.
- 4:30 – So I finish my trade shortly thereafter because I see horses are going to the stalls and the race will start very soon. I don’t want to be caught by a suspension.