Trading greyhound markets is one of the easiest ways to start earning some long-term money on Betfair. I personally used these markets to build up my bank from a very small deposit because I found the biggest and also easiest ROI (return on investment) on these markets with my small bank. That was back in 2006 and I still find greyhound markets to be very easy to trade. The reason is there is much less competition in the market – because you can’t achieve big earnings here.
Trading Greyhound Markets Video Description:
- 0:14 – The market is moving down to a normally strong support level @3.00. I’m prepared to enter the market with a Lay bet around this level.
- 0:37 – I submit my first Lay bets and wait for them to be matched.
- 0:48 – I’m quite confident about this trade, so I enter with more Lay bets.
- 0:56 – Once the market moves in my direction, I start to exit my trade with the Scale Out technique.
- 1:01 – The Lay side of the market is strengthening, so the market should move up soon.
- 2:02 – The uptrend is ending @3.50 and I exit the rest of my position.
Trading greyhound markets has many advantages, despite the total volume (the amount of money available to trade) is not staggering. One of the advantages is the number of these races – there are more than 100 races every day. If you can manage to earn just £1 per market on average, it all adds up. And that is important – trading is not about having one big trade but it’s all about repeatedly earning smaller amounts many times.
And as I said – greyhounds are a great tool to increase your bank so you can quite quickly see it is possible to earn some real money on a betting exchange. And it definitely helps your psyche as well.