When trading US horse racing, you need to know the exact start time of the race. American horse race can start 10 minutes later from what you see in the trading software. It can also start 10 minutes earlier, so you must be watching a live video from the track. Then you can use quick trends or jumps in the market made by big bettors. American markets are usually perfect to a technique called Market Making.
Trading US Horse Racing Video Description:
- 0:10 – I have an opened Back position because there were some bigger Backers in the market and I expect they will return.
- 0:37 – And I make the market again. High Back bets, low Lay bets.
- 0:47 – Now, the Backer has arrived @2.34. The market starts rolling down and I increase my position.
- 0:53 – I need to reduce my liability by scaling out smaller parts. I don’t want to stop the downtrend with my entire exit Lay bet.
- 1:49 – Another Backer has arrived and the market matches some of my Lay bets. That’s good because my Back position was quite big for a US horse race and I needed to reduce my liability.
- 2:26 – I decided to exit the trade because the Back has weakened. I’m afraid of the move up, which almost immediately happens, and my profit is at ½ of the previous size.
- 2:44 – I believe this is just a temporary jump up, which could be followed by a correction, so I make the market with my Back bets.
- 3:13 – Another Backer has arrived @2.52. The market usually reacts by immediately moving down, so I increase my Back position.
- 3:43 – Once the move loses its power, and Lay side starts strengthening, I exit the trade. Then I just made a few not very successful scalps and ended up with a profit of £11+.